Followers

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

First Infusion

Caleb didn't have much luck with the first week of steroids. He still had all of the symptoms and pain. However, this past weekend was better and yesterday he even said, "If I keep feeling the way I do today, I can go back to school." The kid is very anxious to go back. That was great to hear that he is feeling confident about going back soon.  

When he does go back to school, we have accommodations in place to help him navigate being back. The school and his teachers have been so helpful and we are so grateful for that. 

The two week liquid diet was very hard for him. We added baked potatoes, avocados, and toast to make things a little easier but he still asked questions like "Do we have a drink that taste like steak or FFA ham?" and "Is there something I can just lick to get the taste of but not eat?" 

His doctor was able to move up his first infusion date so he had his first one today. He was given a dose of Benadryl before the infusion and slept almost the entire time. While he was sleeping, I met with the dietitian who gave me some information on a diet for Caleb. He will basically follow the Mediterranean diet which is a lot of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans and legumes, and nuts/seeds. It is a lot of foods that I love so I am excited to get that started for the whole family. They are not as excited as I am. Caleb however, focused on the fact he can have red meat about two times a month if it doesn't mess him up. He is a very literal child so his original plan was, "I will just have my steak well done so it isn't red."

He is feeling great since we got home from his infusion so we have hope that this will work for him. Fingers crossed!

Thank you for the continued well wishes and prayers!

4 comments:

  1. I have total faith in the Lord. Caleb is on his way to healing. Continued prayers. Love to all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His “look on the bright side” attitude reminds me of someone I know. (Maybe his Mother ❤️) Glad to hear he did well during his infusion. Will keep Caleb and your family on my prayers. Love y’all. Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad for the update! Sending all the positive vibes. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that it went well. That guy is a trooper!

    ReplyDelete